This site is owned by The Impression LLC. (herein referred to as “The Impression”, “we,” “us,” or “our”). You acknowledge that this site may contain information, communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material and services (collectively called “Content”), which is generally provided by The Impression or its contributors or by licensors of The Impression. No material from The Impression, or TheImpression.com or any other Web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by The Impression may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without our prior written permission. Modification or use of the materials for any commercial purpose is a violation of copyright and other proprietary rights owned by parties including The Impression and its affiliates.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
All submissions must be unpublished. Any content you submit to The Impression must not be previously published in any other magazine, blog, webzine, social media site or online anywhere else. If the content is posted anywhere prior to The Impression publishing the content, we reserve the right to pull the content from our editorial line-up immediately.
Please email email@example.com for all pitches or submissions with ‘Editorial Submission’ in the subject heading, PDF or low res. jpegs only, please no transfer or download links.
We prefer proposals pre-shoot with a team including an art director as The Impression believes in the power of art direction married with styling and photography. We also prefer an inclusion of a reference to final color grading/retouching in proposals. The Impression believes less is more with proposals to stay focused on the key elements of art direction, narrative, photography, styling, lighting, hair, make-up, and location. Proposals should include team credits, model options, timelines, and represent current fashion collections.
If a shoot is approved an informational letter regarding how to format images, list clothing credits, and list shoot credits will be sent.
We will only supply pull letters on requests. We are not liable for any costs incurred at your shoot. Please continue with your production only if you can financially support it and can carry the necessary insurance to cover any unforeseen damage. Pull letters do not guarantee the publishing of your editorial. The Impression editor will make the final decision. Decisions are based on the quality of submission and our release schedule.
Please allow 72 hours for us to respond. We try our very best to answer every submission. Due to the amount of submissions coupled with our travel schedule and projects, we can’t guarantee we will get back to you. If we don’t get back within 10 business days please accept our apologies, but the shoot isn’t quite right for us.
- You must submit all original content. By submitting your content, you are telling us that this is your own content and that you have not copied your photo from anywhere online or from any printed publications.
We do not pay for submissions to the publicaton of full or partal content of any kind. Any expenses or costs of your contributon are at your own expense.
- Any content that you submit on our website and is accepted by The Impression to be posted on our websites, marketng material, advertsements, videos, social media and any other media or formats used in the creaton, disseminaton, and monetzaton of The Impression and is considered the property of The Impression. All proceeds and profits made by The Impression remain The Impression’s.
- The copyright of your material, if printed in The Impression products (online and hard copy), stays with the artist but you give The Impression full rights to use your content for any length of time and in any capacity.
- The Impression holds exclusive publishing rights to the provided content for the duraton of time that the editorial appears on our site.
- You agree that any information you provide to The Impression is truthful and accurate.
- By submitting content to The Impression through web-based functions or via e-mail, you grant or warrant that the owner of rights in such content has expressly granted the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part), and the names and likeness of any persons identifiable therein, worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, provided however, that for content provided to The Impression solely for the purpose of incorporating such content into a product or service ordered by you, you grant such rights to The Impression for the sole purpose of delivering products and services.
- You acknowledge that The Impression is not obligated to prescreen content submitted by users, but that The Impression shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, move or remove any content that is made available via The Impression or to refuse to accept content for use in any products or services offered on or through The Impression by any user that violates these terms of service or is otherwise objectionable in The Impression’s sole judgment. We reserve the right to deny or accept any submission based on available space, content and quality. And reserve the right to remove the submission from our properties at any time.
- The Impression may request that a user submit evidence of their ownership of or right to use and reproduce any copyright, trademark or likeness arising from user’s submission of content. If, upon such request, The Impression does not receive information it deems sufficient to evidence such rights, The Impression reserves the right to (i) suspend the shipping of an order or service relating to such content, and/or (ii) share the content and information regarding the member with governmental organizations, law enforcement authorities or other third parties.